The P&B AGM was held on Wednesday 28th January in typical P&B fashion – in a backroom of a local pub. A number of members and club captains met to discuss the successes of the club in the last year, the things to do better, and who is going to be running the club in 2015. The full reports from each of the captains can be downloaded here but the summary of the meeting was as follows:
Membership – numbers are up again this year to 140, particularly in the Junior section due to the good work in bringing the pups up and attracting new members. Going forward to make things easier the membership form for new Juniors and Seniors will be separate.
Treasurer – Accounts are in a good position for the end of 2014. There is a small surplus in and it was decided that this will be reinvested into the club for such things as relay entries etc with half the available monies going to Junior section and half to the Seniors.
Fell/ Cross/ Ladies – reports can be downloaded as a PDF here.
Juniors – Numbers are up and we are regularly seeing 15-20 Juniors at evening training sessions. Aims for the next season are to get more Juniors competing in events, particularly to field teams at T&F events and cross countries. We also need more assistant coaches and volunteers to assist with evening training sessions – if anyone is interested in helping out then please get in touch with Joanne Boocock.
Pups – continue to be doing great with a full capacity of 30 maintained as some of the pups have moved up to the Junior section and are still attending training regularly.
Website and Publicity – the website continues to attract large numbers of visitors and feedback on news articles, race results and the calendar have been positive. Social media via Twitter and Facebook is gaining followers and re-tweets from the likes of @fellrunningbriefs etc. Everyone in the club especially the Junior section are encouraged to write short race reports based on your own experiences with any pictures. Next year we will be looking to continue to promote the club via other advertising options – if anyone has any ideas on this please let Graham Pilling know.
Annual Subs – OK the important bit. Annual subs for 2015 were agreed as follows to be collected by 31st March 2015:
- First Claim Senior: £30 or can be reduced to £20 by opting out of paying the England Athletics Affiliation fee — this provides a saving for those who only run on the fells BUT doesn’t allow entry to races which require EA Affiliation. The new Membership Forms will contain more information on this.
- Second Claim Senior: £15.
- Junior: remains £30 (unfortunately EA opt-out is not applicable due to required competition insurance).
- Pudsey Pups: No annual fee – Pups will continue to pay on the night plus a £5 joining fee.
Subs will be reviewed again next year and set to cover the costs of running the club for the next financial year.
Appointment of Committee – the following members were elected (full contact details on Contact page):
- President (2013-2016): John Heneghan
- Chair: Graham Pilling
- Secretary – correspondence & minutes: Claire Green
- Secretary – membership: Adam Speed
- Treasurer: Charlie McIntosh
- Junior Development Co-ordinator: Joanne Boocock
- Senior Development Co-ordinator: Niall Bourke
- H&S co-ordinator: Hayley Cook
- Welfare co-ordinator: Sally Cook
- Kit Secretary – Senior: Charlie McIntosh
- Kit Secretary – Junior: Nicola Robinson
- Website and Publicity Secretary: Graham Pilling
Appointment of Club Captains – remains the same as last year, however we are now introducing Junior Captains – Emma Boocock (Girls), and Josh Swatman (Boys).