Rush Around the Rhubarb is a 6k multi-terrain race on tracks and trails around the rhubarb fields in Pudsey.
2019 Race Details:
- Tuesday 25th June 2019 at 6:45 pm onwards (see below)
- Registration from 6 pm at Priesthorpe School, Pudsey, Leeds LS28 5SG.
- Three race categories: SENIOR (6k); UNDER 15s (3.5k); & UNDER 11s (1.5k). (Minimum age is 7)
- £4 (£6 unaffiliated) Seniors / £2.50 Juniors
- Chocolate/sweets for all runners, plus winners’ prizes.
- Flagged and marshalled route.
- RACE START TIMES: Junior Races (U11s & U15s) start at 6:45pm; Senior Race starts at 7:30pm.
- There is an additional £2 cost for unaffiliated runners and a small additional charge for online entry (sorry about that, card fee, not our charge!)
- The wearing of headphones, or similar devices, (other than those medically prescribed), is not permitted in this race.
- You must run under your own name, wearing your own race number.
- Entry Limit for the Senior Race of 150 (enter online below to be sure of entry; NO GUARANTEE of places being available on the night, and we cannot go over the entry limit)
- Junior Races – entry on the day (75 entry limit).
- Failure to follow these terms, or instructions given by race organiser/marshals may result in disqualification.
- Sorry for all this serious rules stuff, we’re just making sure we comply with all the bits we need for insurance, etc. This will still be the relaxed and low-key race you’ve come to enjoy. 🙂
Mini-update: online entries now closed, about 30 on-the-night entries left, so should be enough places for everyone to get to run.
CLICK HERE TO PRE-ENTER SENIOR RACE
Prize Categories as follows (for both male and female):
- Under 11s: 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall
- Under 15s: 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall
- Senior: 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall; and then 1st in following age categories: U18; V40; V50; V60: V70
Links to previous years’ reports and results:
6k Senior Course:
Rhubarb King: Callum Hanson (Pudsey & Bramley) 19:43 (set in 2018)
Rhubarb Queen: Ash Wall (Wharfedale Harriers) 23:26 (set in 2017)
3.5k Junior Course:
Under 15 boy: Max Metcalfe (Rothwell Harriers) 14:41 (set in 2017)
Under 15 girl: Emily Kite (Pudsey & Bramley) 17:13 (set in 2018)
1.5k Junior Course:
Under 11 boy: Aston Brogden (Otley AC) 10:59 (set in 2017)
Under 11 girl: Maisy Bellwood (Keighley & Craven AC) 11:22 (set in 2017)
Senior Course Map:
Feel free to get in touch with any questions and we hope to see you there!