Rush Around the Rhubarb is a 6k multi-terrain race on tracks and trails around the rhubarb fields in Pudsey.
2018 Race Details:
- Tuesday 26th June 2018 at 6:45 pm onwards (see below)
- Registration from 6 pm at Priesthorpe School, Pudsey, Leeds LS28 5SG.
- Three race categories: SENIOR (6k); UNDER 15s (3.5k); & UNDER 11s (1.5k). (Minimum age is 7)
- £4 (£6 unaffiliated) Seniors / £2.50 Juniors
- Chocolate/sweets for all runners, plus winners’ prizes.
- Flagged and marshalled route.
NEW RULES for the 2018 RACE:
- RACE START TIMES: Junior Races (U11s & U15s) start at 6:45pm; Senior Race starts at 7:30pm.
- There is an additional £2 cost for unaffiliated runners and a 40p additional charge for online entry (sorry about that, card fee, not our charge!)
- The wearing of headphones, or similar devices, (other than those medically prescribed), is not permitted in this race.
- You must run under your own name, wearing your own race number.
- Entry Limit for the Senior Race of 150 (enter online below to be sure of entry; NO GUARANTEE of places being available on the night, and we cannot go over the entry limit)
- Junior Races – entry on the day (no entry limit).
- Failure to follow these terms, or instructions given by race organiser/marshals may result in disqualification.
- Sorry for all this serious rules stuff, we’re just making sure we comply with all the bits we need for insurance, etc. This will still be the relaxed and low-key race you’ve come to enjoy. 🙂
SENIOR RACE ONLINE ENTRY – CLICK HERE
Update as of 25th June: Online Entries are now closed. The remaining entries (approx 50) will be available at registration on the night, first-come first-served – a reminder once again that we absolutely cannot go over our entry limit.
The weather looks like it will be warm! There is no water station on the course (as it’s only short). There will be water available at the end of the race but we would kindly ask that runners bring additional water, since we won’t have an unlimited supply.
Prize Categories as follows (for both male and female):
- Under 11s: 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall
- Under 15s: 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall
- Senior: 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall; and then 1st in following age categories: U18; V40; V50; V60: V70
Links to previous years’ reports and results:
6k Senior Course:
Rhubarb King: Callum Hanson (Pudsey & Bramley) 19:43 (set in 2018)
Rhubarb Queen: Ash Wall (Wharfedale Harriers) 23:26 (set in 2017)
3.5k Junior Course:
Under 15 boy: Max Metcalfe (Rothwell Harriers) 14:41 (set in 2017)
Under 15 girl: Emily Kite (Pudsey & Bramley) 17:13 (set in 2018)
1.5k Junior Course:
Under 11 boy: Aston Brogden (Otley AC) 10:59 (set in 2017)
Under 11 girl: Maisy Bellwood (Keighley & Craven AC) 11:22 (set in 2017)
Senior Course Map:
Feel free to get in touch with any questions and we hope to see you there!