West Yorkshire Cross Country League
Race 1 – 19th October 2014 – Wakefield
As the clocks go back, and the nights draw in, the season arrives for sprinting around local parks dressed in nothing more than short shorts and skimpy vests, otherwise known as the cross country season.
For many this is the highlight of the year and The West Yorkshire League being the cream of the local events draws a suitably fast entry. Its 4 races are spread out in the run up to Xmas and all to be pre-entered. They cover both male & female runners and all age groups.
- Race 1 – 19.10.14 – Wakefield
- Race 2 – 2.11.14 – Leeds West Park
- Race 3 – 22.11.14 – Keighley
- Race 4 – 7.12.14 – Leeds Nunroyd Park, Leeds
For Race 1, in the senior men’s event, new signing Mathew Grieve was first back in an impressive 4th position. Soon followed by Neil Armitage, Jamie Noon & Jon Holah all within a minute of each other, and in the top 30. Then came another new signing Mark Fallaize, and youngster Ryan Noon, with Mike Rees not far behind.
Overall the men coming a superb 3rd in the team competition, almost with touching distance of the behemoth of a club that is Leeds City.
In the senior ladies we only had one competitor in Suzy Sharman but she had a fantastic run knocking a minute & a half off last years time to finish in a great 10th place.
Elsewhere in the junior races, P & B had runners in almost every category:
U17 men – Joshua Swatman
U17 ladies – Emma Boocock
U15 boys – Archie Armitage
U13 boys – Mitchell Boocock
U11 boys – Luke Storr, Harry Walker, Thomas Smith
U11 girls – Allannah Mullan, Natasha Robinson
So roll on Race 2 and more P & B successes!
Full results available here.
PS Don’t forget the Peco Cross Country League. Another local one but which can be entered on the day.
Contact Rachel Pilling for details.
- Race 1: Sun 30th November at Pendas Fields, Crossgates
- Race 2: Sun 14th December at either Pontefract Park or Nostell Priory
- Race 3: Sun 4th or Sun 11th January at West Park Playing Fields
- Race 4: Sun 8th February at Bodington Fields
- Race 5: Sun 1st March at Roundhay Park