Add to Calendar
June 10, 2015 @ 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
White Wells (Spa Cottage), Ilkley
£2.50 per senior/£1.50 per junior
- Open Relay: 3 legs of 2 miles/400′ (3.2km/120m), U14 (12 on the day) and above
- Junior Relay: 3 legs of 1 mile (1.6km) for U12, U14 and U16 (ages 10-15 on the day)
- Family Relays: 3 legs of 1 mile (1.6km) for U12/U14/U16 siblings and/or parent combinations
- Fully flagged and marshalled, run clockwise starting and finishing just above White Wells. The course includes narrow and very rough paths, and steep ascents and descents.
- Teams may contain runners from more than one club. All teams must have 3 different runners (it’s a relay!). Runners may compete in more than one team (on different legs).
- Prizes: 1st team, 1st ladies team, 1st junior team (boys, girls, mixed), 1st family team, fastest 2m leg (male, female), fastest 1m leg (boy, girl), and more (incl. by popular demand one or more prizes for best fancy dress)
Fabulous carved trophies made by Shane Green with Full Badger Stone Relay history to 1st team and fastest runner, male and female
Prizes to include champagne for fastest seniors, beer, sweets, etc.
- Junior age categories are defined as per FRA Guidelines, e.g. an U14 is someone who was 12 or 13 on the day of the race. Note the organisers have decided to make the age requirements for the 1 mile leg stricter than the FRA Guidelines and you will have to be over 10 on the day to do this leg.
- Safety kit and experience. The race is run under FRA Rules and these make special stipulations for relays, here, section 14. 14. If the forecast is favourable the organiser will be waiving the mandatory full kit requirements in Section 9 but if the weather is very poor you may be required to carry the FRA stipulated kit – if the weather is bad then please bring with you in case.